Being vulnerable is not an easy thing to do. It requires you to let go of all the tiny pieces that you have put together oh so delicately, it means letting go of that thing that seems so scary. Breaking down when talking about certain things is a strength, your fragility provides your breakthrough. Because sometimes we just need someone to lean on. We exist in relation to one another and although you may feel alone you are also not alone.
Yesterday we looked at being vulnerable and I wonder are you able to be vulnerable with yourself? Are you able to open up in truth and say "hey I don't know what the hell is going on here or how I'm going to get out of this one"? Because being vulnerable actually requires truth-telling, being frank and accepting what will be.
Giving up that control can sometimes feel like a battle. However when you do, you will be victorious. So stop fighting with yourself already.
Many people are struggling because they cannot 'be' with themselves. Don't fear your truth. Let loose and practice being vulnerable.
Answer the following questions, be as honest as possible. You do not have to share your response with anyone else. If your answers are not what you expected or cause you to feel concerned you are not alone in this experience. We have all been there at some point in our lives.
1. Do I like myself and why?
2. Can I enjoy my company? If not what are the things I do to avoid being in my own company? If yes what are the things I do during that time?
3. How do I protect my 'me' time from interruptions?
4. Am I often hiding how I feel from others and if so why?
5. The one secret I wish I could share with someone is....
6. How would I feel if I shared the above secret?
7. Is holding this secret blocking me from loving myself and my life more? If so who might I confide in?
The purpose of this exercise was to be able to express the parts of ourselves that can at times, feel un-loveable. The parts of ourselves that we hide need compassion, in order to come up and out. Doing this privately is the first step of letting go or surrendering to the process of inner healing. For more on this simply email: email@example.com
As we come to the end of the workshop it is time to reflect. Tomorrow we will look at what we have learned and what we will take away with us.